Justice and Holiness

Christ came to give life.  Many embrace the message of salvation, as they affirm that they know what will happen to them when they pass from this world.  However, at times, I wonder what good is “salvation” if there is not a robust embracing of it?  I do not want to simply go to heaven; I want a robust faith that greets me every day.  Christ came to give life…and life abundant (John 10:10).  In the words of King and Country I want to: run wild…live free…and love strong.  Why?  Because that is the gift given to all who are in Christ.  Because that is what Christ has done for us!

Did you see the 70 year old woman running in the marathon yesterday?  What an inspiration.  To be “in the race” and going strong at 70+.  I so much wanted to ask her if she was a believer!  Did you see how many from our  church came out to the marathon?  Did you hear the comments from the runners about waiting for the marshmallows.  It is such a small thing.  For some, perhaps a silly thing.  But, it is one way that Firestone Park Baptist church remains biblical.

Christ made His people to be “salt and light” (Matthew 5:13-16).  This is what is means to be biblical: to be out with people in the greater community.  To be out cheering others on…to be out clanging bells…to be out with smiles and well wishes.  To assimilate into community in order to allow God to work in and through us!  This was God’s plan from the beginning.


A big shout out to Firestone Park Baptist church for being biblical.  Thank you for allowing Christ to work in you.  Perhaps your presence will be the catalyst for one person to embrace life in Christ…to be a person who is touched by Christ to run wild…live free…and love strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment