Jesus hanging out in Capernaum


Do you ever feel like you have too much for one day?  Have you ever been put in the place where one more person wants one more thing from you...and it usually is at the end of the day?  I think we all have experienced this from time to time.  For me, it takes a special measure of God’s Spirit to stretch that last time in a way that is glorifying to God.

I take comfort in the fact that our Savior had days that were “jam packed” with ministry while He was on earth.  Days that He seemingly would begin in the morning and go all day, and, in fact, the beginning of the next ministering to people.  Jesus was quick to put others first, and see that their needs were met.  Of course this is both a comfort and rebuke to me.  I am again reminded that living the “gospel life” is one where others come before me, and before my priorities.  

Why live the “gospel life?” I try to live the “gospel life” so that others may know Him in a more robust way.  This is often practiced in the smaller issues of life...the extra 5 minutes of time, the phone call, the visit, the kind act.  How would life “under the sun” look if every believer did one more “gospel life” deed in any given day?  If at the end of the day, we took time to stretch just a bit more?

I know.  Sometimes, I am tired too, and do not want to think about this, but our Savior modeled it.  

Shouldn’t we at least try?

Pastor Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment