Do you ever feel like you “over-schedule” your day? In the midst of trying to do many good things this happens, and it seems like joy can be zapped right out from under you on a day when too many things, or meetings, are planned.
Today, I was faced with too many meetings. All good and helpful for the life of the church. As I was going into the day, I was meditating on 1 Thessalonians 5:16 where it says to “Rejoice Always.” Does God really want us to rejoice in all things? Isn’t there some room for me to complain about an over-scheduled day? While some would say, “Go ahead and whine a little,” God’s Word is clear that we are to rejoice always. And, that was the attitude I was going to take into my day. With God’s help, I was going to find His strength to rejoice in a day of meetings.
It is amazing how this slight change of perspective changed my entire day. The day was filled with meetings, and all of them were great...very great. I was blessed through connecting with people today. It is amazing when we surrender ourselves to the truths of God’s Word that God can fill us and place us in a place of peace and contentment. And really, of giving us more than we can imagine!
In the end, as I faced an over-scheduled day I had two choices: 1) I could be obedient to God’s Word and know joy, or 2) I could have allowed my natural inclinations get the best of me and walked a path of disobedience. Seems simple. Yet, why is it often we tend to take the second path, and then wonder why joy is not there?
Are you looking for a verse to memorize? Try memorizing 1 Thessalonians 5:16, then try living it in good ways in your life!
No comments:
Post a Comment