Vote and enjoy a slice of pie!

I love southern culture.  When I was in seminary in Dallas, I learned that a meal was never finished until “the sweet” was served.  It was there that I began my love of all desserts, but a special fondness for the American pie.  There is something comforting about a homemade slice of pie: yes, life is better with a slice of pie!

So I was thinking that if the American pie is a quintessential dessert, why not combine that with a day that Americans celebrate their political system through democratic elections.  This Tuesday, on election day, we are going to open the doors to our church, and invite people in for a slice of pie.  People can vote, eat lunch, and then have pie and coffee.  It is one way we can say “thank you” to people for helping making America a great place to live.

I think I have settled on two types of pies that I am going to contribute to the election day pie-day.  I am going to combine two of Americas great fruits into one pie: the very common apple with tart cranberries.  That is like goodness in a pastry!  Then, have  a good ole sweet potato pie: with whip cream naturally!

The doors of the church will be open for people to come in for a slice of pie on Tuesday November 6, 2012 from 12:00-2:00pm.  People from the church will be busy making the pies and making the afternoon a delight!

I am combining my love of pie with my theological views!  Naturally.

I believe that God is the giver of good gifts.  He delights in blessing people.  Of course, one way He blesses is through His Son, and the salvation that is offered to all through Christ.  Salvation is free!  It is a gift from God.

How much will a slice of pie cost for the neighbor who comes into our church?

Nothing.

It is free.  We give freely, because we have been freely given to.

Life it better with a slice of pie.

Life is best when people embrace the goodness of salvation!

Come out and enjoy a bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment